It seems like everyone is promoting earth friendly environment today. At Nagel Paper, protecting the earth and sustainability has been part of our culture for almost 100 years.
We care about sustainability through recycling. Nagel Paper recycles all of our waste paper generated during the manufacturing process. Our recycling efforts include bailing internal and customer scrap then shipping the scrap directly to paper mills for reclamation. Further, we recycle all plastic and metal waste, when possible, that is created in the operation of our facility.
- In 2015, U.S. recovered more than 52,000 tons of paper.
- That saves over 156,000,000 cubic yards of landfill space.
- This is a represents a recovery rate of 66.8%
* Courtesy of American Forest & Paper Association
Nagel Paper utilizes recycled paperboard as the primary raw material in the manufacture of our products. We strive to produce the highest quality products with sustainability in mind. The University of Southern Indiana provides the following information:
- Each ton (2000 pounds) of recycled paper can save:
- 17 trees
- 380 gallons of oil
- Three cubic yards of landfill space
- 4000 kilowatts of energy
- 7000 gallons of water.
- This represents a 64% energy savings, a 58% water savings, and 60 pounds less of air pollution!
- The 17 trees saved (above) can absorb a total of 250 pounds of carbon dioxide from the air each year. Burning that same ton of paper would create 1500 pounds of carbon dioxide.
Recycling doesn’t just help the environment, our minimal waste and reclamation culture allows us to keep the competitive edge necessary to better serve our customers.
Developing environmentally friendly products that improve customer satisfaction is our goal. We don’t just operate as a perception; we truly operate with the best processes in mind. We feel good about our sustainability and recycling, and in-turn, our customers feel good too.